top of page
green-card etc.jpg

Asylum Applications

If you are already in the United States, preferably on a valid visa, you can apply for asylum using a USCIS form I-589. This process is known as Affirmative Asylum.

If you are seeking asylum from outside the US, and do not have a valid visa to enter the country, you can claim asylum at a port of entry, such as a border crossing. This is known as Defensive Asylum. Defensive Asylum claims are much more difficult to navigate.

If you are going to apply for asylum, it is important to know that all asylum applicants are required to testify before an asylum officer or even an Immigration Judge in support of their application.

Call the Immigration Attorneys at RLU&W Law for a free consultation about your Asylum application. 

bottom of page